Looking for a new boiler quote?
Whether the quote is for a boiler replacement or a boiler service, traditionally you would have had to a book an on-site visit directly with an engineer (if you want multiple options this would mean multiple visits) to come and view your home and assess the costs of installation.
Now you can do all of this online
We are able to generate quotes through a couple of clicks, taking around 30 seconds. Often there is no need to actually speak to anyone, not even over the phone. This has made things much easier for you, the homeowner, letting you easily research and compare prices, receiving instant results rather than having to open your home to multiple engineers (or just going with the first option for convenience).
Here we’ve evaluated the benefits of both methods, so you can understand a little more about what works best for you and your home!
Advantages of online quotes
- Instant – An online quote can be received within seconds! You simply fill out a couple of questions about your home, a few clicks and you have your options on the screen in front of you.
- Convenience – This saves you lots of time. You don’t need to be home and available to show people around, answer questions or discuss what needs to be done, with each engineer option. It is much more convenient for everyone.
- Anytime – It can be done at any time, rather than working around office hours or when you are free. You can even submit one at 3am if that’s what works for you!
- Comparisons – This opens up the opportunity to do a little more research and compare some quotes so you can understand the best package deal for you.
- Online reviews – You can find out the quality of the engineer and installer online by reading through their reviews.
- Simple – Online quotes are quick, easy and simple.
Advantages of traditional quotes
- Better assessment of the work – An on-site review will allow the engineer to have a proper look at the required work and make a more informed estimate of the price and timelines. They can actually review your home, your current heating system and provide clearer and more helpful advice.
- Personal interaction – This allows you to meet the engineer, make a personal connection and base your decision on the quality of their service and expertise – not just the price. This is an important factor to consider; a boiler installation is expensive and you want your boiler to last for a long time. A good boiler and an expert installation can prevent heating or hot water emergencies cropping up and stop you from spending money on lots of repairs in the future. There should be a balance between price and quality of service and meeting the engineer in person can allow you to evaluate this better.
- Understand what’s going to happen – Meeting in person will mean you can ask questions and get a clear picture about what work is required, how long it will take, and what to expect in the future.
So which one to choose?
This really depends on personal preference. If you are worried about the quality or process and would prefer to meet the engineer in person for a more detailed, and better-informed estimate, then go for the traditional approach. On the other hand, if you want a convenient, fast and simple option, then online is the way to go.
At LS1 we can offer you both.
If you give us a call we can arrange a time to come and see your home and give you an estimate. Alternatively, you can fill out our online form and get a free quote in just 30 seconds, allowing you to determine a number of options at the end, alongside affordable finance options to suit all budgets. If you’re not sure, why not give online a try. You can see if you like the options, then call a member of our team for more information and a more personal chat about what you are looking for. If you are happy with the chat, we can agree on a date to meet you in person and start the process of finding the right boiler and price for you and your home.